How to survive Prom

Hannah Sieg, Staff Reporter

It’s the week before prom, and upperclassmen are starting to get ready for their second dance of the school year. Other plans such as pictures, dinner, ordering flowers, and hair appointments have most likely been made already. However, there is still preparation for the day of. Here’s how to get through one of the most exhilarating nights of your high school career.

1. You need more sleep than you think you do

Prom night is a long and fun night. From the start of pictures to the end of after prom, you’re awake and on the go for about 12 hours. Make sure you get as much sleep the night before so you’re not exhausted the whole night.

2. If you’re not having fun with your date or group, find others to hang out with

You really only spend time with your group during pictures and dinner. Once you get to the dance or after prom, there are lots of other people there to hang out with. Don’t limit yourself to only hang out with certain people the whole night.

3. Go with the flow

The only plans that are set in stone are pictures and dinner. If you’re the type of person who needs to plan everything out, you’ll need to loosen the reigns a little bit because not everything goes as planned. If you’re relaxed and let yourself have a good time, your prom will truly be exhilarating.